Friday, November 13, 2015

Running around the world.

So in the past 48 hours I've managed to run in two states and on 2 continents!  

During a 14 hour travel day yesterday I decided to run in a crowded Atlanta airport as one of my only options since we wouldn't arrive in Peru until 1AM. Running in a foreign country that I'm unfamiliar with at 1AM is a little more risk than I'd like to take. Luckily I was wearing my back pack so I just looked like a fool running to his terminal to catch a plane.... Until I made it to the end of a terminal and turned around and ran back. Awkward. Oh well. I'll never see these people again and it's for the love of the run!  

This morning was my first day waking up in Peru!  Literally across the st from our place is a running track at barranco tennis club. Planned to run there for the day and give myself time to explore later but since it was locked up for members only we decided to hit the streets of Lima.  My brothers gf, Teal (She has a great blog as well btw so check it out!  Travelwithteal.com) came along on the run today and we had a beautiful run along the "malecon".  This is a sidewalk or boardwalk type of path that has amazing views looking out from the bluffs over the pacific. I'm so glad the track was locked and we decided to just run in the city instead. There's not many things i dislike more than running on tracks and treadmills. Not sure which is the lesser of the two evils. 

Running in a new city is one of the best ways to explore and discover new things!   We accidentally came across punta de Los suspiros. Or the bridge of sighs which is an iconic old wooden bridge that I planned to check out sometime this week. Otw back over the bridge there was a couple taking wedding photos looking back out at the ocean from the bridge. 

All in all its been a great start!  I'll end it here so I can enjoy a piscola and check out the city!  

#run365 #kreed #travelwithteal #gystpodcast #getyourshittogether #lima #peru #barranco #piscoandcola #piscola #salud

1 comment:

  1. Goods stuff kyle !! You not running from the Law are you ? jk

    ReplyDelete