Sunday, December 6, 2015

#rsd339

As I head out for run streak day 339 I can't help but feel thankful for the ability and support to venture on this journey. It's been challenging. I've run in hotel fitness centers, foreign countries, up and down stairs, in a Las Vegas parking lot and in a damn airport. I've run 4 half marathons 1 full marathon a trail duathlon and a handful of 5k races. Through it all I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about throwing in the towel. Thinking, What do I need to run 365 days in a row for?  What do I have to prove?  I can always run again tomorrow. Is this even doing anything for me? 

It is doing something for me.  It challenges me. It allows me to dig deep and find passion and perseverence within.  It makes me feel as if I can accomplish absolutely anything.  If I was to give up on this goal and justify it with whatever reason I see fit then where else in life am I giving up?  I won't allow it. With only 26 days remaining failure is not an option. I will make this the best 26 days of running I've ever imagined. 

With that said. I'm off to enjoy #rsd339 since the sun is shining. It might be cold but I'll take it. That's what the hat and gloves are for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment