Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 2 and I'm 2 runs in.  Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful and clear winter day here in the northwest.  Colder than a well diggers boot but absolutely beautiful day to open up 2015 for a run.  Little bit of soreness due to inactivity but other than that felt pretty good.  Just over a 9 min pace to get back into the swing of things and it was great.

Today marked my first night run of the year and the legs were feeling great!  Tonight I was accompanied by my amazing girlfriend that is a bit new to running.  She recently completed her first organized run last year during a trip to San Diego and I couldn't have been more proud of her.  Although, I'm not sure she enjoyed tonights run in the cold dark drizzly weather quite as much as I did.

All in all it's been a good first two days with really no distractions at all.  Looking forward to everyday and I find myself planning my day around my running.  Lets hope I can keep this motivation all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment