Monday, January 26, 2015

He's Back!

I'm back!  I have been completely slacking on this blog haven't I!?!?  Well I guess as long as I keep running that's what's important.

Last I left this blog was before I went Skiing (attempted to) up at Crystal Mt.  That day was a struggle.  drove all the way up there testing out my new ski rack and the weather took a turn for the worst and it was raining and windy as hell.  We got there and the top half of the mt was on wind hold which meant there was really only one run and tickets were still selling for full price.  This was way too much money to me for one run in the pouring rain.  They had a big demo sale going on so I decided to shop and kill some time in case they decided to open up the mt or discount the lift tickets, of which they did neither.  Ironically enough they had a pair of skis that I had checked out at REI and Sturtevants a few weeks before and they were brand new demo skis with bindings.  And to me $65 for a lift ticket on a rainy day was too much money but I ended up spending $500 on new skis that day!  Ended up just having a beer and heading home for the day but I was super stoked to get new skis and I was able to get home early and get my run in!

The past couple weeks I've had my fair share of challenges and remained committed to #run365.  This past Friday was our annual work banquet which alot of coworkers call it our "prom".  It's a fun night to dress up and attend the annual awards ceremony with partner and company hosted dinner and drinks.  All of this sounds awesome but since I had to work early that day I forgot to set my alarm early enough to attempt a morning run.  Not being prepared for such I didn't bring any clothes to run during my lunch break either.  Leaving directly from work to the banquet gave me little time to do anything other than change into my formal attire and head out.  Shout out to my man D Groll for getting the after party started!  You'll have to give the new cats dance lessons in the yoga studio at work!  haha After deciding to go out for drinks with the guys post banquet the only option I had was to run when I got home.  Several drinks later I made it home for that late night run fueled with vodka tonics and Cab Sav, annnnnnd there might have been a shot or two of fireball in there as well.

So with an almost 2 week blogging hiatus, a new pair of skis and a drunken late night run in the books I'm as committed as ever to making this work.  I've got my eyeball on my first event of the year for Feb 8th and it's something I've never done!  Trail duathalon consisting of a 10k trail run and 15 mile trail bike ride.  Sounds right up my alley!  They've split the runs into two 5k's one being before the bike leg and one after.  This will be a great time to break out that underused Mt bike I have sitting on it's rack and put it to use.

With that said I'm signing off.    #run365

No comments:

Post a Comment