Tuesday, January 6, 2015

ooooh wee!  The last thing I wanted to do after getting home from work tonight was run.  After driving to the Lakers game and going for the midnight run last night coupled with a crazy day at the office all I wanted to do was get some sleep.  I could not have been happier after I finished.  I decided I'd take the run tonight nice and easy and use it as sort of a rest day run with very low expectations.  I opted to wear compression socks today primarily for warmth and they were absolutely a huge help.  I have never really ran with them and opted to wear them more for recovery during training for longer runs.  Now I feel like I need to invest in more!.  When I got out there everything changed.  Attitude immediately took a positive turn.  Began to feel again like I could conquer anything!  

All in all it was an easy run and I have yet to run more than about 1.25 miles a day but if I've learned anything from this it's perseverance.  Everyday that I run, the light at the end of the tunnel gets that much brighter and the goal seems that much closer and attainable.  So here's to 359 more days of running and getting a few more bibs and medals under my belt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment