Thursday, January 1, 2015

The beginning....

Today marks not only a new year but also the beginning of two things completely foreign to me.  The first being this blog.  I'm not sure I even know what to do with a blog or what it's sole purpose should be.   I'm hoping that it's nothing more than some informative unstructured writing that should be at least mildly entertaining.  If that's the case I'm sure I can accomplish at least one of those things!  I've never been much of a writer and I don't fancy myself to be the creative type but I figured what the hell.  If this thing can help keep me accountable and accomplish one of my goals in life and for 2015 then I'm all for it.

The second thing that today marks is the beginning of my 365 day journey with run streaking.  (My entire purpose for this blog)  Now, unless you're a runner you may be asking " Kyle, wth is run streaking?"  When I heard of the concept that was definitely my first thought. The streaking part?  Now that's something  maybe I've done before after a few too many adult beverages I've got that down!  And running?  I've definitely done that!  But run streaking?  I never even considered it was "a thing".  To me the idea of Run365 seemed crazy.  To run at least 1 mile or more every day for 365 consecutive days.  To me this seemed too time consuming, too risky, too difficult and something that I considered impossible for my self to accomplish.  All this sounds a little crazy considering I was introduced to the idea by a close friend while training for my very first full marathon (which is another story in itself).  So all that being said, here's to a new year.  Here's to putting plenty of miles on my old knees and wearing out a few more pairs of Nikes (If you know me you know I have plenty!).  More importantly here's to taking advantage of the amazing ability God has granted me to put one foot in front of the other and run.  With so much of the world to see and so many others without the freedom to see it I'd be doing myself and others a disservice if I sat around and watched TV or played video games all day.  I may not be the fastest, and I might not be able to run the farthest but I can run damnit.  And this is my journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment