Saturday, January 10, 2015

Good morning and welcome back!  Been a busy few days and I've started to feel that making time for a quick run everyday has almost become an obsession!  I can't even focus on my day unless I know when I can squeeze in time for a run. I should probably start thinking the same thing about this blog......

I've been blessed with the amazing company of my beautiful lady on my runs the last few days.  Thursday was a nice night run after work from my house to the apple orchard and back as this has been my go to route since beginning this journey.  Friday was a little more difficult.

Friday I had to go in to work an hour early and had plans for date night and I didn't want that to postpone or delay my plans for the evening.  That being said I decided to get up a bit early and get my run in before work.  Good and bad idea all at the same time!  It was so damn cold outside I couldn't feel my face!  It was nice to get it done early and not have to worry about it after work.

I was again accompanied by my gf on that cold Friday morning.  I'm so impressed at her progression in such a short time with running.  She hasn't decided to attempt a streak in any matter but she enjoys coming out and running with me and supporting this journey of mine.  It seems every day she runs with me she sees improvement and loves it!  The joy in a new runners eyes and voice as they see themselves make strides towards better pace times and fitness levels is awesome to see!  She doesn't even know it yet but her elation with the progress that she has made is truly inspiring to me and makes me want to push even harder to reach my goals.

I guess that's my post for the weekend.  Off to get in this Saturday run and start my day!  I guess it's time to start looking at some events to run in....

No comments:

Post a Comment