Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Just call him butter 'cause he's on a roll!

I made it!  So I might have missed a blog post but hey, the goal was Run365 not blog365.  Today was  definitely a tough one.

Yesterday I passed up dinner with friends for the run as the days activities ran longer than expected.  I told them I'd give a call once I was finished and I was able to knock out my run for the day and get cleaned up in time to make it for dinner before everyone wrapped up.  The weather was terrible.  cold rainy and windy.  Typical NW winter I suppose but that doesn't mean I have to like running in it!

Today started out as a typical post holiday Monday.  Tired and dragging on a bit while trying to catch up with what I missed.  I couldn't wait to get home go for my run, take a nice hot shower make some dinner and relax.  When out of nowhere while in a meeting at work I get a last minute invite to the Lakers game against the Blazers!  Now, I'm a huge Lakers fan and I've gone to one of their games in PDX for the last several years in a row.  This was simply an opportunity I could not turn down!  (Thanks again Kevin!)

Right after work we head down to Portland straight from the office (just south of Seattle) for the game.  I had already known earlier that day that Kobe was sitting out and would not be playing after his night against the Pacers and hitting the game winning shot.  This was a little disappointing not being able to see Kobe again but none the less I'm diehard Lakeshow so I was in!  Gave my keys to my roommate whom I had carpooled with today and was off to PDX.  The Lakers played well primarily carried by Jordan Hills performance.  They were able to hang in there with the Blazers and even led most of the second half and had a double digit lead in the 4th qtr before Damien Lillard absolutely torched us!  Hitting 3 after 3, contested shot after contested shot, driving to the lane for easy buckets.  We had no answer for him and ultimately lost by 4 pts.  All in all it was a great game and I definitely enjoyed it.

 As if working all day and driving to Portland and back for a Lakers game wasn't a busy enough day I also had to fit in my run.  Now had I known I was going to a basketball game in Portland before 330PM I could have planned this better and ran before work or even on my lunch break.  Since I did neither of those I was forced to grit it out once I made it back home around a quarter to midnight and hit the streets.   Here I am now showered and ready to lay my head down to wake up and do it all over again.  After a day like today I feel like nothing can stop me as I remain stalwart in reaching my goal of Run365.    As Stuart Scott would say "just call him butter, 'cause he's on a roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment